Thread: The Second Annual Ollies (Preliminary Thread)

Share/Bookmark
    ...Returning from the darkness... Killian's Avatar

Default The Second Annual Ollies (Preliminary Thread)

As you may (or may not) be aware, 22 July 2010 marks the end date for acceptable nominations for this year's Ollies.

For those of you not aware, this is last year's thread, containing the categories, etc. that you, the community, voted on last time.

In preparation for this year's awards, we thought now would be a good time to start folk thinking about the last twelve months of movie making, to allow you to check back on some of the great flicks you may have missed and give you plenty of time to think about what you want to nominate this year.

We will be following the same general process as before; the "nomination phase", where every registered TMU member will be able to nominate the films they believe deserve recognition in the various categories, followed by the "voting phase", where again all "filmic collective" participants get to register their vote for the shortlisted movies from the nominations received.

We may have a cool new way for the nominations and votes to be tallied this year (if our resident coding genius can get it working, that is ), and further details will be posted nearer the actual kick off time for the first phase.

In the meantime, constructive suggestions for categories (other than those we already had last time) are gratefully accepted; as the hobby has moved on a lot since last year, some of the categories may no longer be relevant, some may need to be "updated" and there are no doubt some which we missed last time round.

There is a thread which K4 created last year for ease of use which has a few entries; we have been discussing a potential sub forum specifically for Ollies posts; more news on that if and when.

As an example of the changes, it is possible that, to avoid such a manic evening as last year, we will be looking to announce the "Technical Awards" on Saturday and the "Movie Awards" on Sunday to allow more time for interviews, etc.

So, let's have any decent thoughts and ideas to make this year's Ollies bigger and better than last years!
    Last edited by Killian; 06-04-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Extra info

I want to touch your face Fospherous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm looking forward to start working on this with K4 and Killian again! Last year was great fun and this time we should yet again bring out the best our community has to offer! But folks, please do start sharing links to movies on this thread, we want to get every great movie remembered because there could of been some real gems that we completely forgot about and may not get the full recognition it deserves! So get sharing, watching, remembering and preparing for the 2nd Annual Ollies!
    Last edited by Fospherous; 06-04-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Woo! I can't wait for this to get started again
    "Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

Good news then, should have everything ready for release on the 23rd.

THE
    OLLIES

is the
    OFFICIAL AWARDS SHOW
    of
    TMUNDERGROUND

Get ready for the glam and excitement
    as once again
    the red carpet will be unrolled
    and
    a parade of stars will enter the theater
    to honor those movies, actors, producers, directors,
    scriptwriters, composers, musicians, artist, etc.
    This is YOUR awards show - THE 2010 OLLIES!

FOLLOW JAMES EASTMAN on FACEBOOK and TWITTER!

Let's get the word out
    about

THE OLLIES
    Please consider using the Ollie signature below!

DON'T DELAY
    VOTE
    TODAY

There were so many awesome movies this year! The caliber of talent just continues to go up and up and UP!!! I learned an important lesson when making my nominations. I need to save the nomination form on my hard-drive and make notes on it throughout the year. That way, the form will already be filled out for the 2011 Ollies. Of course the nomination form might change, but at least I will have most of the information needed to easily fill out the Official Nominations form.

Dear Community.... please do not wait to VOTE. It took me, an old geezer, about 45 minutes to do. You can do it while listening to TMOA today! It is YOUR participation that makes The Ollies a success.

Thanks and...... go VOTE!

K4

is there anyway I can cheat and vote for all my friends?

...Returning from the darkness... Killian's Avatar

Nominate who you like; the only provisos are you must use the proscribed format for the different categories or your nominations don't count, the movies you nominate must be between the two dates and be on TMU.