Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shidden Shiddog's Favorite Movies

Share/Bookmark
    Its A Dildo International shidden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Boondock Saints (1999)

Story:

Two Irish brothers accidentally killed mafia thugs. They turned themselves in and were released as heroes. They then see it as a calling by God and started knocking off mafia gang members one by one. Willem Dafoe plays the detective trying to figure out the killings, but the closer he was to catching the Irish brothers, the more he thinks the brothers are doing the right thing.

Trailer:

Shidden Shiddog says: Also one of my all time favorites.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shidden View Post
    The Boondock Saints (1999)

Shidden Shiddog says: Also one of my all time favorites.
    I loved Boondock Saints when I first saw it. I watched it again a few years later and disliked it. So much yelling and loud talking amounting to nothing clever. Except for Willam Defoe. He was badass in it both times I watched.

There's a documentary called Overnight about the quick rise and quicker fall of director Troy Murphy that Ive heard good things about.

Blog Entries

Biz? When I find a copy of the documentary... I will watch it immediately. Ok, here's another one that I love.

Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky (1991) aka Story of Ricky

Story:

The story is set in the year of 2001 in a prison owned by a major company. A new prisoner sees his friends being harassed and killed by the guards and seeks his revenge.

Trailer (no way, here's a glorious scene outta the movie):

Shidden Shiddog says: It's a comedy.

Blog Entries

The Black Angel (1997)

Story:

Ikko, the six year old daughter of a yakuza gang boss witnesses the brutal slaying of her parents and is only saved from sharing their fate by an underground hitwoman who goes by the nom-de-guerre of "Black Angel." Years after escaping to America, Ikko returns to Tokyo as a young woman. She adopts the name "Black Angel" and is out for revenge.

Trailer:

Shidden Shiddog says: I guess Quentin Tarantino was inspired by that movie.

Blog Entries

Fight for your Life (1977)

Story:

A group of thugs (one white, one Asian, one Hispanic) takes over the humble home of a kindly black preacher and his family and terrorizes them.

Trailer:

Shidden Shiddog says: One of my all time favorites.
    Last edited by shidden; 04-23-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Blog Entries

La grande bouffe (1973) aka Blow-Out aka The Big Feast

Story:

Four successful middle-aged men Marcello, a pilot; Michel, a television executive; Ugo, a chef; and, Philippe, a judge go to Philippe's villa to eat themselves to death. After the first night, Marcello insists that women should join them. Three prostitutes make it through a day or two; Andrea, a local school teacher, stays to the end. The villa, the food, and a Bugati roadster are essential props.

Trailer (no, here's a scene outta the movie):

Shidden Shiddog says: Unique!

Blog Entries

Dead Snow (2009)

Story:

Several friends take to the mountains and shack-up in the wilderness of back-of-beyond to enjoy a little R & R together, their peace is soon interrupted by a mysterious old man, warning them of a local curse that during the German occupation of the local area that these Nazi invaders were brutal and harsh in their methods of control. Telling of the legend of the villager's revolt that drove them up into the cold, dark mountains where they perished, that is until rumour of their return in the form of zombies, evil Nazi zombies.

Trailer (Nope, here's a glorious scene outta the movie):

Shidden Shiddog says: I love Norway!

Blog Entries

Stuck (2007)

Story:

Brandi is a hard-partying, overworked, nursing assistant desperate for a promotion at the retirement home where she works. After a night of drug-binging and partying, she accidentally hits a certain Thomas Bardo a deadbeat and recently evicted man who gets stuck in the windshield of her car. Not wanting to call for help since she is driving under the influence, Brandi, chooses not to get Thomas medical help and instead drives home and leaves him clinging to his life in the windshield of her car. While Brandi frantically tries to decide what she is going to do, Thomas, tries to free himself knowing his time is running out.

Trailer:

Trivia:

Based on a real event in 2001. Chante Mallard, a black woman in Fort Worth, Texas, was driving drunk and on ecstasy when she struck Gregory Biggs, a homeless man, who became lodged in her car's windshield. She then drove home, locked the car in the garage, and left Biggs to die. After bragging about "killing a white man" in the presence of an enemy who turned her in, Mallard was convicted of murder and evidence tampering and sentenced to fifty years in prison.

Shidden Shiddog says: Mena Suvari got some nice nipples, but nevertheless... this movie is brilliant!

Blog Entries

The Lover (1992)

Story:

It is French Colonial Vietnam in 1929. A young French girl from a family that is having some monetary difficulties is returning to boarding school. She is alone on public transportation when she catches the eye of a wealthy Chinese businessman. He offers her a ride into town in the back of his chauffeured sedan, and sparks fly. Can the torrid affair that ensues between them overcome the class restrictions and social mores of that time? Based on the semi-autobiographical novel by Maugerite Duras.

Trailer:

Shidden Shiddog says: A forgotten gem in the history of cinema. I fucking love that movie.

Blog Entries

Black Snake Moan (2006)

Story:

In rural Mississippi, Lazarus, a former blues musician who survives by truck farming, finds a young girl nearly beaten to death near his home. She's the white-trash town tramp, molded by a life of sexual abuse at the hands of her father and verbal abuse from her mother, who seems to delight in reminding Rae of her mistake in not aborting her. Lazarus, who is also facing personal crisis at the dissolution of his marriage, nurses Rae back to health, providing her with gentle, fatherly advice as well as an education in blues music. Rae's boyfriend, Ronnie, goaded by the man who nearly beat Rae to death, misunderstands the relationship between Lazarus and Rae, and vows to kill him. Lazarus, exhibiting a street-smart understanding of violence and its motives, calls Ronnie's bluff, senses that he is as troubled as Rae, and becomes a guiding force in the young couple's resurrection.

Trailer:

Shidden Shiddog says: I will play the guitar and I will compose a song about Christina Ricci's boobies.