Thread: TMOA Sunday - 3 March 2013 - TMOA Idol and Act3Scene24 (aka Jorge)

Share/Bookmark

Default TMOA Sunday - 3 March 2013 - TMOA Idol and Act3Scene24 (aka Jorge)

Now is the winter of Monk's discontent, made glorious summer by this sun of Birmingham.

Well, it's not quite glorious summer here in B'ham - as a matter of fact, there are snow flurries this morning (though it's too warm to stick, even here in the higher elevations of Red Mountain) - but Monk's battery-recharging seems to be coming along fine. He even said he would be back next Sunday, but when I told him I had guest co-hosts lined up for two weeks, he agreed to take a second week off...I don't just want him back...I want him back and desperate for the spotlight again. Anybody can make a dog sit....the dog must be desperate to get them up on his hind-legs and do the Harlem Shake. (I have no idea what that analogy means, but I leave nothing on the table when I'm doing these show posts - if it occurs to me, I put it in, even when it's nonsensical...)

We do, indeed, have a guest host thins week, Mr. JohnnyEx. Next week, RPOshard will slump into the co-host chair. And on the third week, the Beast of Birmingham will be back. Such is the plan.

Monk did manage to drag himself from exile this week and stop by to bolt to the wall the bookcases that fell in my second week here in Birmingham...you remember them of course, and how the fact that I was running audio for the MachinimaExpo in another room kept me from being killed by falling books and dvds....

He secured the two bookcases to the wall with brackets so I can now scamper up them like a monkey.... fortunately I'm tall enough that I can reach the top shelves without any scampering....

What is of interest (and I apologize for the slight blurriness of the picture - lighting in this section of the hall isn't great, but after all, I don't spend a lot of time there...it's the frigging hall, know what I mean?) is the items on the 2nd-4th shelves.

Sure, I have a lot of CDs there, but I've ripped most of the commercial CDs and the rest have just...stuff....I go through them every year or so and throw away the stuff that no longer seems worthwhile. But it's the cassettes and 8mm video tapes that hold the real treasures - my first week in commercial radio....recordings of local bands.....strange stuff from the 80s...and on video, my first and only live-action directorial effort, done for a competition. My co-worker actors went from bad to really bad, but I still like the story and some of the visuals.

Having this stuff out and accessible again makes me want to start moving the worthwhile items to digital, and so I'll be doing that in the coming months and sharing as seems appropriate.

But what the hell, none of this has a damn thing to do with the show. Why am I even wasting your valuable time with this? You're here to read about Sunday's show, so I better get to it....

TMOA Idol Round Two - The singing continues as we present the second round of TMOA Idol 2013. Listen to the songs, vote, and make some vocalists happy. It's always fun and the music is usually pretty good (and when it's not good, at least it's fun).

Jorge (Act3Scene24)
    - The award-winning director of The Clarks, Little Pablo, and many other flicks is back! And not only is he back, rolling into production with new films, he's back on our show! It's been quite a while since we had Jorge on (last time was during the Roger years, as we call them), and he promises to temper what he calls his "crazy mind" with a relaxing beverage, so it should be...well, about the same as always with Jorge. I'm predicting a good listen.

Plus....well, not a hell of a lot. Isn't that enough for you? It's RPO's birthday, so he won't be doing a Reel Discovery (which would violate his prohibition against working on his birthday) - but we've got plenty to fill the time, and I'm sure Johnny will be entertaining as always.

Show starts at 3 pm Eastern, 2 pm Central, noon Pacific, and 8 pm GMT and continues for 3 hours until somebody says "Let's Eat!" (leading to a short show if the magic phrase is uttered too early....). You can grab a link to the stream and the chatroom at TMOA Radio or IndyRadio. Or you can listen on your smartphone. Or you can not listen at all and miss the giant giveaway we're having this week*.

Seeya there!

Ken

*Note: Just because I say it doesn't mean it's true. There is one thing in this post that is definitely untrue, and I'll leave you to figure out what it is....

I tried to decipher what may or may not be true, but your fulla shit most of the time anyway Ken, so Il save myself some time...
    Definately looking forward to tomorrows show.
    Maybe we should get drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEx View Post
    Maybe we should get drunk.
    Make it easy on yourself - I have to make sure the stream is actually going out, so sadly, I'll have to wait till after.....

Lost somewhere in the ether without a map
    Blog Entries

I'll be going out for a birthday luncheon, but hope to be in the chat room for the TMOA Idol portion of the show (that's hour two, right Ken?). Hope you're all there to witness me growing older right before your very eyes. It's kind of like one of those Chia Pet commercials but without the time lapse photography.

BEFORE

AFTER

Listen to CEREBUS THE AARDVARK Sundays on TMOA! Second Season scripts 100% complete! Check out the Casting Call Thread HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by rposhard View Post

BEFORE

AFTER

Yes, Idol in Hour Two - btw, nice skirt in the second picture, Richard....is that Prada?

I forget .... senility is a bitch, ain't it?

What no Monk??? Then....no Mangus!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAngus View Post
    What no Monk??? Then....no Mangus!!
    Meh, oh well.
    What am I, chopped liver?

Quote Originally Posted by MalletPropStudios View Post
    Oooh, chopped liver? I'm there!
    And along with the chopped liver that IS JohnnyEx, tune in an hour before showtime for a pretty good AC/DC show recorded in Dallas in 1985 - all your faves from Shook Me All Night Long (I'm lookin' at you, Dulci....) to Let There Be Rock....and more!

(honestly, my appreciation for AC/DC is relatively recent - when I was in radio, I actively despised and mocked those listeners who would call in to request AC/DC....I even did a fun anti-drinking Public Service Announcement using Highway to Hell after Bon Scott drank himself to death by aspirating vomit...which may be on one of those cassettes mentioned in the original post.....so I hated those who requested AC/DC (cause they probably didn't like the other good stuff I was playing) and by default, hated the band as well....recently, I've come to almost like them. They're not my favorite band, by any means, but they're okay to listen to....)

Truth is, my liver's been pickled, baked, drowned and chopped for years.
    No reason to give it a break today.
    Liver is evil and must be punished!