Thread: Trigger Street Labs

Share/Bookmark
    Blog Entries

Default Trigger Street Labs

http://labs.triggerstreet.com

I saw this the other day (found it through elmer lang's Osiris Torn which got 28 reviews as opposed to 2 on TMU - also look at how the reviews are spread out over time...) and thought it was pretty interesting. Its a site where you sign up and get review and critique assignments for other peoples work. Once you complete the assignments you get credits. You assign those credits to your own works and other people get assignments to critique and review your works. There are screenplays, short films and short stories. It reminds me of some of the old TMO ideas.

Anywho, it looks pretty active and might be a solid way to get some feedback. If nothing else its worth a look at the idea.

Anyone used it in the past?

Interesting. And very reminiscent, in a lot of ways, of the ReviewTrader site the flourished in the first few months of The Movies Online (and which also started many a forum flamewar as supporters and foes of the idea duked it out. A lot of the ex-TMOers here were part of the site Personally I found it useful not only to promote my own stuff, but also to see a lot of flicks that I might not have already seen - and because people were putting out their projects knowing that they were gonna get eyeballs on them from motivated reviewers, the quality was usually a cut above the average TMO upload.

Found this on my hard drive - they ran a competition or something for an infomercial about ReviewTrader, and I think this was the winning entry.

And here's the site, courtesy of the Internet Wayback Machine - only goes down a couple of levels, but gives a good idea of what it was about....ReviewTrader
    Last edited by kuroken; 04-29-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Yea, that's what it reminded me of though I couldn't remember the name (it was a little bit before I got involved). Godbless the wayback machine.

Really cool site if you like to actually watch and comment on movies, short stories and screenplays.
    An average amount of reviews number in the 20's there.
    Compared to here, thats a mega blockbuster hit.
    Cryin shame, ya gotta go off site to get 20 damned comments/ reviews.
    Eager to see what our new site has in store...